Thursday, April 7, 2011

PUTTING YOUR TRUST IN ALLAH - توكلت على الله

"I trust Allah, I put my trust in Allah" - Do we really put our trust in Allah when the 11th hour strikes? 

I attended a class 2 nights ago and we went in depth about Tawheed (Oneness of Allah). I often wondered why would anyone abandon and destroy their tawhid in Allah for the sake of following their nafs (whims & desires) for their own selfish reasons. Why do they betray the trust they have in Allah and indulge themselves with Shirk (associating partners with Allah). It is very upsetting to know that many Muslims are guilty for committing Shirk and Kufr without them realizing, this is indeed ignorance in Islam and it is a grave sin for us to leave those ignorance unattended.

One may ask, what has putting your trust in Allah got to do with Tawhid? - It has everything to do with Tawhid

The reason for this posting is to enlighten everyone about the status of putting one's trust in Allah as I've had my own personal experience as well. We are humans created by Allah and none of us are free from committing sins, we tend to 'overlook' the fact that Allah is watching us and He the All-Hearing is indeed listening to our du'a. I won't deny the fact that sometimes I get too focused on the subject I'm aiming for to the extent that I forget to completely 100% put my trust in Allah. This is shaytaan's game and we are only pleasing shaytaan if we do not correct and rectify our intentions and strengthen our taqwa in Allah. 

Can you imagine the trust Prophet Ibrahim عليه السلام had in Allah when he was commanded to slaughter his own son? It was a test from Allah and the level of Imaan he had in him could never be achieved by any of us today. The test from Allah to Prophet Ibrahim عليه السلام is far greater than our tests, I can't even put an image in my head if it were happen to me.

In class, a few things were pointed out to us. We were reminded to never give up in the Mercy of Allah as giving up is an act of Kufr, may Allah protect us from this behaviour. I personally know people who gave up in the Mercy of Allah, they said "I made du'a and I made du'a and I made du'a, nothing changed. Is Allah really listening to my du'a? Does he really care about me? I am at the lowest point in my life and I am struggling to survive, why isn't Allah of any help?" - Astaghfirullah 'al azim...

I found a good answer to this question or rather situation in one of brother Bilal Assad's lecture. The short 7 minute clip was about putting your trust in Allah. The learned student of knowledge said "a person's du'a depends on how much you ask from Allah سبحانه وتعالى . The more you call out to Allah, the more He loves it. Allah sometimes likes to delay the response because He likes His servants to always ask, He wants to hear His name being mentioned on our tongues. Allah knows the status of the things you make du'a for. If it is something that is not good for you, He is All Wise to replace you with something better. So know that He will never betray your du'a but rather, He replaces it with something better." - Subhan Allah, this is indeed a beautiful explanation. We claim to know Allah but we really have no clue of His perfect attributes..

Allah says in the Qur'an :

"It may be that you hate something when it is good for you, and it may be that you love something when it is bad for you. Allah know, and you do not know. 
(Al-Baqarah 2:216)

Know that there isn't a single du'a of a mu'min except that it will always be responded to. If not in this life, then in the Hereafter. Allah will never betray you in your du'a , He hears you. Never give up hope and do not stop making du'a. If we claim to only rely on Allah (isn't this tawhid?), then know that we only need to depend on Him and trust Him alone in all circumstances.

Allah is so Merciful, He is the All Hearing, He is the Most Compassionate. He is the Creator of you and I, who else knows us better but Him?



فَإِذَا عَزَمۡتَ فَتَوَكَّلۡ عَلَى ٱللَّهِ‌ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يُحِبُّ ٱلۡمُتَوَكِّلِينَ


Put your trust in Allah, Certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust in Him
(Surah Al-'Imran 3:159)

No comments:

Post a Comment